Although the internet facilitates us in many ways, it also creates certain risks for users. Hackers find ways to get access to your personal information and hamper your privacy.
You can prevent this risk with the help of an anti-malware application. Aside from offering resistance against hacking attacks, it can also help you get rid of malware from your system.
Virus, worms, Trojans, spyware, and other types of malware can target your PC. They can transfer control of your PC to the hands of unauthorized users. Hackers can access confidential data files present on your PC and may halt system operations.
Microsoft Security Essentials can efficiently run a scan on your PC to identify potential threats. It thoroughly looks for infected files and helps you eliminate malware.
Here are the types of scans you can perform on stored files:
- Quick Scan – It quickly looks for potential malware in system files
- Full Scan – It thoroughly filters each file present in system memory to detect malware
- Custom Scan – You can choose the components you want to scan
Once malware gets into your system, it won’t be easy to get rid of it. If you accidentally execute an infected program or open a file containing malware, it’ll quickly start working and affect system performance.
Therefore, you should use an anti-malware application that also offers real-time protection. This software keeps an eye on the network traffic and reduces the risk of malware attacks. It notifies you when it detects any harmful object and takes quick actions to mitigate risks.
You can visit its Settings tab to customize its performance. You can schedule scans to keep your system safe. And specify if the software should regularly look for latest virus and spyware definitions on its own.
It also facilitates you to specify the actions that the antimalware tool should take against detected threats. You can enable real-time protection and boost scan by excluding certain files or processes via its customization menu.
A prominent feature of Microsoft Security Essentials is its simple user interface. Whether you are a beginner or a pro user, it won’t be difficult for you to get a strong grip on its functions.
Microsoft Security Essentials is an effective tool for dealing with malware. It prevents malware attacks with the help of real-time protection tool and also helps you look for potential threats in files saved in the hard disk.
- Zemana AntiMalware 188.8.131.52
- Xvirus Anti-Malware 184.108.40.206
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security 220.127.116.11
- VIPRE Internet Security 2018
- VIPRE Advanced Security for Home 10.1.4.33
- UsbFix 2019 11.002
- Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2960
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 2018
- SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0.1264
- Stronghold AntiMalware
- SpyHunter 18.104.22.16848
- SpyBot – Search & Destroy 22.214.171.124