Are you looking for an audio editing tool that perfectly fits your needs? Audacity may be the right choice for you!
It’s an open source free tool that makes tasks easier. It’s a lightweight application that requires limited space and system resources to operate.
Simple User Interface
Unlike many other audio editing tools, its user interface is quite simple and intuitive. Therefore, you can easily learn to use its functions. It displays the waveform of audio on its homepage and its options are well-categorized. You can easily access them via the menu bar.
In order to edit audio, you need to add an appropriate file. You can insert a saved file or record new audio.
One of the most prominent features of Audacity is that it offers support for a wide range of file formats. So, you can easily manipulate an audio file of your choice. Here are some common audio formats it supports:
Audacity is a popular audio editing desktop application. Aside from recording real-time audio, you can conveniently edit it with the help of a number of tools. Moreover, you can also install plug-ins for additional functionalities.
It allows you to cut or copy audio content, paste it anywhere, delete unwanted audio, and trim audio files. You can draw sample points to use as a reference when performing these functions.
The software comes equipped with a rich list of effects. You can apply these effects to enhance audio quality. Its options include noise processing, bass, equalization, high or low pass filters, amplification, normalization, fading, echo, reverse, and many more. Since it offers support for plug-ins, you can install them and tweak audio with ease.
Under the Edit menu, you’ll find a preference option. Preference window facilitates users to customize the software as per their requirements. Here’s what you can do:
- Devices – Choose device interface, playback and recording settings
- Playback – Define preview settings
- Quality – Adjust conversion quality
- Interface – Choose display and behavior of the application
- Import/Export – Modify export and import settings
- Libraries – Locate MP3 library
- Effects – Enable or disable audio effects
- Keyboard and Mouse – Choose how peripheral devices should work
Audacity is a free tool suitable for personal use. It contains professional options through which you can record audio, edit audio files, and boost their quality. Due to its intuitive user interface, it’ll be easier for you to make the most of this free application.
- Wondershare TidyMyMusic 1.6.0
- Wondershare Streaming Audio Recorder 2.3.5
- VirtualDJ 2018 Build 4592 Home
- REAPER 5.961
- PCDJ Karaoki 0.8.6369.23085
- Mp3tag 2.90b
- mp3DirectCut 2.24
- Mixcraft 8.1 Build 413
- MAGIX Music Maker Premium 2019 18.104.22.168
- Leawo Tunes Cleaner 22.214.171.124
- Kontakt Player 5.7.0 (R32)
- FL Studio 20.0.5 Build 681